8. Homelessness
Government statistics show that last year, 38 households in Bromsgrove District were at threat of homelessness. 37 children were in temporary accommodation and two people were sleeping rough. Many others will be sleeping on friend’s sofas and not showing up in the stats. There are hundreds of vacant properties in the district.
Lord, we pray for people without anywhere to live and ask how we can best support them.
Matthew 25:35 (NIV-UK)
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in
BDHT are the main provider of social housing in Bromsgrove.
The Basement Project is a charity that offers support to young people with a wide variety of issues relating to their housing situation such as dealing with possible evictions; prioritising debt; living on a budget; to family mediation and emotional and physical well-being.
We give thanks for both these organisations and lift their work up to you.
Comments
Post a Comment